Monday, December 1, 2014

Snow...

Well folks, we had a white Thanksgiving here and we enjoyed every minute of it!  All of the animals were enjoying the snow as well.  While feeding the animals were getting excited because I think, somehow, they just knew that it was a special day.  Here at Blue Mountain Farms, we obviously live on a mountain, so we get a lot of snow.  

Journey, my miniature horse, who is afraid of puddles, loves snow and frozen puddles, now, does that make any sense to you?  I had to walk him outside for the morning feeding and, at first, he had no idea it was snowing, until he looked up and saw the Winter Wonderland; he went crazy!  After that show, the following goats had to go outside: Peek-a-Boo, Spidey, and Cocoa.  Cocoa was non-stop sneezing because she put her head down right into the snow, and she was not to happy.  Peek-a-Boo ran to the pen faster then I had ever seen before!  Spidey did not seem to care all that much though.  Once they were taking care of, it was time for the kids!  The kids are included as follows: Maple, Eclipse, Luna, Ester-Ella, Meteor, and finally the lamb named Charm.  Maple and Luna, as soon as they walked out of the barn, stopped dead in their tracks.  Eclipse loved the snow so much that I thought he would never want to go back in the barn!  Meteor and Charm, on the other hand, started crying so much because they were unsure of what was going on, or what was falling from the sky!  It was a very interesting feeding session that morning, if I must say so myself.  I took some pictures while the snow lasted and I would like to share them with you.  




Gus Gus and the kids were checking things out.

Harley says, "What is all this white stuff?"

Peek-a-Boo and Oscar look a little mad, don't you think? 

Oscar!

Journey is showing off... like always

Bumble!

She is a very pretty horse, is she not?

"Yeah, Yeah, I get it, I am cute, now where is the hay?" 

Peanut is a very happy cat!

Thank you for reading this blog and I hope you enjoyed the pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.