Friday, April 10, 2015

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger


Hello everyone!  It's been a little gloomy out lately, but that sun has been trying real hard to peek out.  It's finally spring! Speaking of peek and trying hard, Peek-A-Boo is almost standing!  Last week our vet, Cindy, came to dehorn the kids.  She was very impressed with the improvement on Peek and said that we should see a big difference within the next few days.  Well, I waited for that difference, but nothing was happening.  I still put her in the sling everyday and was doing everything that I could do.  

Saturday, April 4th: I was woken by the door closing.  My friend Maddy had slept over that night and we were surprised when my mom walked into the living room to tell us that Willow, one of my Angora goats, has kidded!  She had a little, salt and pepper colored buck!  He was already up and running!  Willow is such a wonderful mother.  Thank goodness!  He is very healthy and doing very well.  Today, he was even able to join the other Angora goats outside.  They seem to accept him, but Ella, Willow's kid from last spring, is a little bit angry because she thinks that Willow likes the little buck better.  A little jealousy going on there, but she will move on eventually.  Silly goats!

Monday, April 6th: It felt like a normal day, well, my kind of normal.  It was raining and a little cold.  The animals were making a lot of noise, like usual at this hour.  I walked into the barn and, like always, I went to Peek's pen first.  Right away, I was greeted by three little kids with milk-like breath.  They were bouncing all around and they knew that it was soon time for Peek to go in her sling.  She seemed a little energized today.  She was sitting on her hind legs like a dog.  She loves this position.  It looks very uncomfortable, but she likes it.  I could see that her eyes were brighter than they have been over the last few weeks.  I put her in the sling and walked out to get her food.  When she saw me come around the corner with that scoop of food, she jumped off with her back legs and landed right on the ground, waiting to taste the sweet feed!  I was shocked!  She had never done that before!  Maybe she was becoming close to standing on her own!  I gave her the food and let her go for a few hours before I had to put her in the sling again.

Today: Ashley's sheep are growing like crazy!  Suess is looking great!  He can't stand being away from Ashley for more than an hour.  He has to be with people.  He isn't liking the whole "you have to be a sheep" thing.  This morning he was bouncing around like he had little springs in his legs!  He is one interesting little lamb.  I like to call him unique.  Also, Peek is still trying really hard.  It's like a switch of determination went on!  She has her mind set on standing!  Fingers crossed, I hope she will be able to soon.

Thank you for reading this blog! 

Willow and her little guy! 

Willow's kid!

Peek!
Told you she loves this position.

Peek-A-Boo almost licked the camera!



"Zoom Zoom" Here comes Scooby!

Maddy and Daphne.

Me and Scooby.

Suess watching the flag.

Suess was a little sleepy.


They are like little spies! 

Yep, that's my sister

Marshmallow enjoying the breeze 

Mac, Tyler's bull, decided that he wanted to go outside of the pen, so this picture was taken while we were trying to get him back in.

  






2 comments:

  1. You certainly named your blog well - you have many adventures to share!! I loved my visit to your farm and fiber mill. Thank you for letting me get a good baby goat fix! I hope everyone thrives and sending positive thoughts to Peek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures..Thank u so much for share..

    ReplyDelete

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.