Saturday, August 1, 2015

Never Give Up

Hello everyone, I know it has been a while since my last post, but this summer is just flying by!  I can't believe that I turned 14 last week and school is about to start!  We had some exciting news here at Blue Mountain Farms the other day.  Tyler raises the Dexter cattle and he has been trying for years now to get a little girl calf.  Last year, Dream, Tyler's first cow, had a heifer.  Sadly, her umbilical cord was torn and she died moments after being born.  So, Tyler tried again and was hoping for a happy, healthy girl.  We waited and waited and waited.  Finally, the morning of July 22, 2015, Dream had her calf!  She had it over night without any problems.  If only it was always like that. 

As I was feeding that morning, I saw Tyler walking from the barn to the fiber mill were mom was.  I knew something was up when I saw the big smile on his face.  He said, "Madi! Dream had her calf!"  Immediately, I asked, "Boy or girl?"  He said, "A girl!"  Finally, Tyler has a little heifer that was born right here!   I am so excited for him.  After waiting all that time and he now he can show with his little calf and his cow, Dream.  How amazing is it that for his last 4-H fair, before he ages out of the program, that he is able to show full circle with this precious little calf and his favorite cow ever?  Oh, Tyler gave Dream her name because it was always his "dream" to own a cow.  Now if he could just come up with a great name for a great little girl.

4-H Fair sure is going to be a good one!
Tyler with his first calf from Dream
  
Dream and her calf

Dream and her calf


Here she is!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Madi! That is wonderful news. I was wondering about this the other day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.