Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Gone Too Soon, but Never Forgotten

It just can't be.  I can't believe I was just with you only a few short weeks ago.  I can't remember a time that you haven't been there!  Rabbits have been such a huge part of my life since I was only 4 years old.  You helped make that a wonderfully, happy, and positive experience.  I will always remember your encouragement, support, and laugh.  Rabbit Shows, LVRBA, PaSRBA, Farm Show, and more won't be the same without you.

You were always so supportive of all the youth programs and always one of the first to congratulate any of us in our accomplishments.  You've never had a bad word to say to someone unless it was to make fun of them, to give them a hard time, or to make them laugh and boy were you good at giving my sister a hard time and I loved it!  But, always, you only did it because you cared.  You genuinely cared about each and every one of us. You helped me push myself to be better at many things such as rabbit showmanship, showing, and so much more.  It's sad to see you go and like I said earlier, so much will never be the same. 

While I am sad you are gone, I find peace in the song "His Eye is on the Sparrow".   


Why should I feel discouraged,
Why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely
And long for Heaven and Home,
When Jesus is my portion,
my constant Friend is He;
His eye is on the sparrow,
and I know He watches over me.

Art, you will be missed by so many people that you have helped along the way.  You were that person who no matter what, you'd be there.  I'm sure you are singing now.  You truly are gone too soon, but, will never be forgotten.   








In memory of  Art Sweinhart 
07-01-59 to 09-22-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.