Wednesday, October 14, 2015

ARBA Nationals..... Here We Come!

Well, here we go!  A few weeks ago, I sent in my applications for this year's 2015 American Rabbit Breeders Association convention!  This year, the event will be held in Portland, Oregon.  My mom and I were originally planning on driving there, but then we researched the time and pricing.  We've decided that it would be better to fly!  We can't be away as long as it would take to drive all the way across the country and back again; not to mention the fact the fiber mill wouldn't be getting any spinning finished without mom.  Ashley does a great job, but she can't do everything herself, and that's our livelihood.  Also, I would miss my animals and feel bad for my family members who were here feeding all of them for such a long period of time.  So, we decided to fly.  I am going to try and take three rabbits there.  Hope it will all go well!

I am very excited to go.  I have been grooming and getting ready for this nationals.  I also entered my applications into the royalty contest.  I entered in the management and achievement contests as well.  For royalty, you have to participate in breed ID, judging or showmanship (depending on the age), and a written test.  If you do well, you receive a callback for a face to face interview.  This is going to be my last year running for Duchess so that means that I will be running for Queen next year!  I have been working on some studying, but I also want to go and have a good time too.  I am looking forward to this trip and I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.  If you have any suggestions on a must see while we are in Portland, just let us know.  I will, however, be sticking my piggies in the Pacific since I will be awfully close to it!




Best of Breed Satin Angora in Texas ARBA nationals last year!

Judging a class of Dutch for the royalty contest in Texas last year




No comments:

Post a Comment

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.