Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Sunday....

Happy Easter to everyone!  Today is a day that I always look forward to.  My family always gets together, my mom always prepares the meal, and then we spend the rest of the day just enjoying the beautiful day.  This year, I was given a great gift....  it wasn't a gift you can just buy, and it isn't even a gift that you can MAKE happen.  It was just a wonderful gift....  What was it?  Well, I have been raising rabbits for years now, but this morning, on Easter Sunday, my guinea pig, Elsa, decided to have her babies, or pups, which is what you call baby piggies.  She had three of them.  They are all very healthy and just adorable!  

I'm not really good at telling if they are boys or girls yet, but they will definitely have Easter names.  Elsa is doing a wonderful job taking care of them.  They are all Himalayan marked cavies, another word for guinea pigs, but much like dalmatian puppies who take days to get their spots, the pups won't have their markings for a bit yet.  

Here are a few pictures of them:


The family including: Elsa (the mom), Hemi ( the dad), and all three pups.


I also added another surprise this day,  a pair of pigeons.  They were sitting at our 4-H auction on Saturday and my mom and I decided to bid on them so that I could learn a bit about them.  What I know so far is that there are around 310 different breeds of pigeons.  People hold shows for them just like they do for dogs, cats, rabbits, and just about every other specie of animal.  The breed that we brought home is a pair of Old German Owls.  They are now loving their outside pen that my dad and I made. 


Theo, the old cock.

Theo, the old cock.

This is Merry, the old hen.
 

3 comments:

  1. One big happy cavy family and pigeons that make it sound like the washing machine is broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - what Nana wants to know if - How many times did these pigeons get loose in your Mom's living room after I left???? Thanks for waiting until I went home (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have you know, they were very good and didn't get out once! They are much happier outside though now! (well, maybe just once)

    ReplyDelete

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.