Sunday, April 20, 2014

Speak Out Night

This past Tuesday, I went to a 4-H event called Speak Out Night.  I gave a speech on 2% of America is feeding America.  My title was Hold-on 2%?  If you'd like to hear it - please visit this site:

My Speak Out Night Speech

Speak-Out night is a great opportunity for 4-H'ers to develop public speaking skills.  Did you know that the fear of public speaking tops the fear of snakes, illness, and even death?  If you ask me, it's a pretty good idea for kids to begin gaining confidence and experience in front of crowds so that it can be second nature to them when they grow up! 

So, on Tuesday night, April 15th, we travelled to the Cumberland County Extension office with a few other members from Dauphin County.  Perry County also participated in the event.  Kids can choose to do impromptu speaking, power point presentations, prepared speeches, pledges, radio spots, or demonstrations.  I competed in the prepared speech category and had a great time.  I was very proud to be chosen as the judges choice in my category!

Dauphin County 4-H'ers presenting at Speak-Out Night 2014
 






2 comments:

  1. Hello Madi,
    I first learned of you on the New England cheese making web site when they profiled you and your accomplishments. I just wanted to say that you are amazing in what you have already accomplished. Congratulations to you and I hope that you continue with all your projects, which seem to never end. At such a young age you are becoming a role model for children following in your footsteps. I see the future of America being in good hands with people like Madi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much William both for you kind words and for taking the time to view my blog... I love my animals and let me tell you, my projects never end, but I'm glad that they don't... P.S. I sleep very well at night!

      Delete

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.