Friday, April 25, 2014

My Friend Donna...

Last Wednesday night, my mom and I drove to the State College area to visit a very special friend of ours, Donna McGraw.  A few short weeks ago, she had a knee replacement.  She's working really hard to gain her strength, but for now, tending her bunnies is really hard.  My mom and I went to visit her and we really wanted to help her, but she ended up helping me.  You see, she has been raising angora rabbits for a long time and she does a fantastic job with them.  I have been seeing and visiting with her for years now and her angora rabbits are always in tip top shape!  She always does well at shows!  I was very honored when she asked me if I would like some of her American Fuzzy lops because she was having trouble tending and grooming them all because of her recent surgery.  Well, knowing how much she cares about her rabbits and what great homes they have, meant a lot to me that she would choose me for her fuzzy lops!

So, my mom and I went to visit her.  Her home and her "rabbitry" is spotless!  Her daughters have been doing an amazing job keeping up with all the work that the bunnies need.  Donna sent me home with 7 of her fuzzy lops and a great 6 hole cage too.  I can't thank her enough for trusting me with her bunnies.  I also brought home a black English angora young buck too!  I will work really hard to keep these lines going because they are very nice American fuzzy lops!  Can't wait for the next show.....

Thank you Donna for helping me!  I have a special package for you!

Love this buck!

Who wouldn't love this face???
 

3 comments:

  1. OMG Madi, you've got me in tears. You have no idea how much you helped me. You are an amazing, hard working young lady, and it's very comforting that my bunnies went home with you. I hope they can help you with your program. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madi Nana is so very proud of you! You are such a hard working young girl. The way you write the stories in your blog makes me feel like I am there with you! Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nana and Donna. Donna, I really enjoyed coming to your place and may I say that I think you looked like that knee was getting better from the week before when I saw you. Nana, thanks for checking in on me... Love you too!

    ReplyDelete

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.