Friday, April 4, 2014

Hello everyone,

Well, yesterday was really exciting!  We started to get the spot ready for the building for the fiber mill!  YAY!  It will be here soon.  Our equipment is in Lewisberry, PA waiting for the building to be finished.

Secret needed to check-it out.  She approved!

 Oh, sorry about making you all wait on our dinner, but it was really good.  I made the cheese, first batch of the season, then we sliced it, lightly coated it with our own Italian bread crumbs, and fried it in a tablespoon of olive oil.  (you don't need much, just enough to brown both sides just a bit)  It's so good.
 
First cheese of the season!  Yummy & Gone!
Dinner was great, baked potato, chicken parm w/ our own sauce, salad with our own dressing, and my fried cheese!

After dinner, my mom and I decided to take a few pictures of my new rabbit babies - called kits.  Right now they are all at their cute stage.  Here they are:

two satin angoras 2 1/2 weeks old.  Look at that color.  GORGEOUS!
4 English Angoras at 2 1/2 weeks old


American fuzzy lops at 6 days old
The satin angora that likes to play hide-n-go-seek


Did you know that when bunnies are born, they are called kits?  They are also born with their eyes closed, hairless, and they can't hear.  Around two weeks, they're eyes will pop open, they can hear, they are covered in fur, and they are just adorable don't you think?


3 comments:

  1. Your dinner looked absolutely delicious! (Sorry we missed it) ;) And those kits! Oh my. I hope Ayanna's bunny is more cooperative this time so she gives a nice litter. They are so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry we missed dinner as well! Very cute pictures of the bunnies. I always wanted to know what Angora bunnies looked like a couple weeks old.

    ReplyDelete

It may take awhile for your comment to be posted because I need to approve them to keep out the spam.